Okay, I just watched "Batman Begins" and have come to these conclusions.Twenty Conclusions About Batman, and One Thought to Leave You With
1. I hate Christian Bale.
2. I REALLY hate Kaite Holmes and want her, and her twelve-year-old persona to die.
okay not really
3. The movie went much
too fast for anyone with a hangover to catch on to, and I suspect that it would have made no sense anyway.
4. They tried, and almost succeeded to cram too much into too little time.
5. They REALLY have to stear away from that cliched "master vs. student" thing, especially when you're using Qui-Gon-Jin from StarWars as the master. Come ON people.
6. The special effects were cool, but over used in many places.
7. There was not enough character development of all the actually interesting
characters. (ie. Alfred, Crane, Gordon, etc.)
8. The plot flew all over the place, like where the hell that random weapon that vaporized stuff came from. I know I heard it mentioned, but it was for something totally
un-related to the rest of the plot.
9. Cillian Murphy
is now one of my more favorite actors.
10. The randomness of the beginning was forgivable until the random fighting with the random monk with the bad mustache started.
11. I still don't know whether Liam Neeson
did a good job with his role or not.
12. Jim Gordon
and Sirius Black
are the same person.
13. Some of the violence scenes were so busy I fazed out and started thinking about how weird it was that I was attracted to the smarmiest character in the entire movie.
14. Okay, that mask really was scary.
15. The drug lord was introduced as way too powerfull to be desposed of that quickly.
16. And most of the movie continued with that frame of mind.
17. Michael Keaton really was
the first Batman. Damn.
18. I really liked the ending, with the Joker card. Probably the best part of the movie.
19. I know I've already said this, but it moved too fast. The entire thing would have been SO much more moving and interesting if every engaging thing that happened, (ie. Crane drugging Batman, everytime they burned something [which happened a lot], even the romantic scene at the end [which I thought we just might
be able to go without but NOOO] etc.)
20. The tinting they used was actually really good.
What if, when Batman fell down the hole in the ground that was, for some reason, infested with bats, the hole was instead infested with mice? Would we be left to fend for ourselves with the meger help of Mouse-man? Or what about Worm-man? I think we should count ourselves lucky.